Local Women Ranchers
Local Women Ranchers Featured in “Rural Texas Women at Work” Exhibit.
Ending June 5 is the exhibit featuring accomplishments of twin sisters whose work as women ranchers exemplified life in the decades between 1930-1960. Jennette and Geneva Moore became ranch owners of the original Mulberry Division of the JA Ranch in 1946. They helped their father during World War II with all ranch duties including round-ups. They won a number of awards in all-girl rodeos winning saddles at Caprock Roundup. Action photos of their many days in the saddle along with a prize saddle are on display. Jennette married LeRoy Campbell in 1947, and Geneva married Ed Reed in 1951.
Jan and Stony are examples of the many industrious women beginning with Molly Goodnight and Cornelia Adair that have blessed Armstrong County with a rich ranching heritage. The exhibit is open until Saturday, June 5.
The Traveling Exhibit is funded by Humanities Texas, based in Austin, Texas, and is the state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Photo: Family members Hugh Reed, Dianne Ollinger and Debra Campbell Vincent admire the prize saddle.